Areas of Practice
Legacy Law Offices advises on a full spectrum of charity law issues including:
- Advice on constitutional, trust and tax matters.
- Establishing new charitable organisations and handling registrations.
- Corporate and commercial matters including negotiating commercial contracts, charity mergers and structuring other forms of collaboration between charitable organisations.
- Employment law.
- Intellectual property matters such as branding, IP protection and exploitation, and reputational issues.
- Litigation: including mediating charity trustee disputes and dealing with compliance issues.
- A wide range of property matters from investments to charity premises.
- International charity issues, including working overseas and structuring charities to work efficiently across borders; and
- Providing training sessions for Charity Trustees on their duties and obligations.
The specific nature of work handled by our lawyers include formation of charitable companies under the Indian Companies Act, Trusts, Societies etc. for corporate houses, individuals and others. We have also advised and assisted a growing number of international & national Non Government Organizations (NGOs) and others in obtaining tax exemptions.