Areas of Practice
INFRASTRUCTURE & CONSTRUCTION LAWS
Legacy Law Offices is acclaimed as one of the most successful and seasoned Infrastructure & Construction Laws practice in India. The Legacy team possesses very vast experience of rendering legal services for the development of infrastructure projects in a variety of sectors including highways, bridges, railways, transport terminals, ropeways, ports, civil aviation, power generation & transmission, health, education, skills development, bio technology, sports, urban infrastructure etc.. The cumulative experience of our lawyers spans over 800 infrastructure projects which includes more than 250 projects in Public Private Partnership (PPP) formats.
Mr. Gagan Anand, Managing Partner of the Law Firm was awarded the National Law Day Award by His Excellency, The Hon’ble Vice President of India for “his remarkable achievements and leadership in the practice of Corporate Laws including immense contribution for the development of PPPs”.
On a regular basis, our lawyers render services for the developmental projects initiated by the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) and various Ministries of the Government of India at the federal level, many of which are sponsored by the World Bank and the Asian Development Bank etc.. For the implementation of such projects, our lawyers work closely with the counterpart officials of the concerned State Governments across the length and breadth of the country. So far the Legacy team has rendered its legal services for various prominent developmental initiatives in 24 States of India, which include Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Goa, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Meghalaya, Odisha, Punjab, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand and West Bengal, besides Kenya, Ghana, Zambia, Bangladesh etc.
In addition to preparing a conducive regulatory framework, carrying out a due diligence of the applicable regulatory framework and rendering advice in relation thereto, our services for the Government Departments, Public Sector Undertakings etc. include legal aspects of :
- Transaction Advisory in a legally tenable and transparent manner;
• Bidding Documentation which follows modern procurement practices and promotes competition;
• Bid Process Management which is above board and can withstand judicial scrutiny;
• Bid Evaluation in a fair and transparent manner;
• Post Award Compliance Advice with regard to the provisions of the project agreement; and
- Financial Closure in terms of the provisions set forth in the project agreements.
More than 100 small, medium and large sized Construction Companies have retained Legacy Law Offices for advising them with regard to Engineering, Procurement & Construction (EPC) and Build, Operate & Transfer (BOT) Contracts. Our unique services for the private Developers, Concessionaires and Construction Companies include :
Contract Management/ Shadow Filing Service Package (Project Specific or Company Specific) :
- Overall care and conduct of the entire project correspondence, documentation etc. since the receipt of Letter of Award till the end of the Defects Liability Period or Concession Period, as the case may be with the end objective of ensuring that the legal and financial rights of the client in respect a particular project are well protected.
- Scope of work typically covers rendering opinions, drafting and vetting of documents concerning the project.
• Scope of work typically covers client meetings in the Law Firm’s offices, but the Fee for any meetings outside the Law Firm’s offices, appearance before Courts, Dispute Review Boards, Arbitral Tribunals etc. is charged separately.
Pre-Bid Submission Legal Diligence Package (Project Specific or Company Specific) :
- Overall examination/ perusal/ review of Bid/ Tender vis-à-vis the qualification criteria specified by the Bid/ Tender Inviting Authority in the Bid/ Tender Document.
- As a part of the legal due diligence exercise, the client would be advised to make corrections, amendments etc. and/ or to include additional documents/ certificates etc., duly authenticated so as to meet with the qualification/ pre-qualification specified by the Bid/ Tender Inviting Authority.
- The end objective would be to ensure that the client meets the qualification/ pre-qualification criteria, the Bid/ Tender Inviting Authority finds it easy to evaluate the Bid and that the client/ bidder gets technically qualified.
- As a part of this due diligence service package, we also provide assistance in drafting, preparing/ vetting etc of any replies and/ or any clarifications which may be required to be submitted to the Bid/ Tender Inviting Authority prior to taking decision regarding qualification of the bidders.